Re: [Rats] 答复: New RATS Architecture document

Laurence Lundblade <lgl@island-resort.com> Wed, 18 September 2019 04:49 UTC

From: Laurence Lundblade <lgl@island-resort.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 21:49:49 -0700
Cc: Henk Birkholz <henk.birkholz@sit.fraunhofer.de>, rats@ietf.org
To: Michael Eckel <michael.eckel@sit.fraunhofer.de>
Subject: Re: [Rats] 答复: New RATS Architecture document

Seems like the IP address should just be a claim on its own rather than stuffing it into the nonce. That avoids losing some nonce entropy. The IP address might be privacy violating in use cases where as a plain nonce is not. So in a privacy sensitive use case you’d want to just use the plain nonce and no IP address, so keeping them separate seems better.

LL