Re: [Rats] comments on draft-birkholz-rats-uccs

Henk Birkholz <henk.birkholz@sit.fraunhofer.de> Mon, 17 August 2020 10:49 UTC

To: Jessica Fitzgerald-McKay <jmfmckay@gmail.com>, rats@ietf.org
CC: Jessica Fitzgerald-McKay <jmfitz2@cyber.nsa.gov>, Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>, "draft-birkholz-rats-uccs@ietf.org" <draft-birkholz-rats-uccs@ietf.org>
From: Henk Birkholz <henk.birkholz@sit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 12:48:47 +0200
Subject: Re: [Rats] comments on draft-birkholz-rats-uccs

Thanks Jess!

the discussion on where this is incubated was deliberately scoped down
to provide:

* a finite and still useful set of Security/Privacy considerations, and
* relatively specific guidance and context on how prerequisites for
usage look like.

The concept of an UCCS tag goes beyond RATS, of course. The usage of an
UCCS tag alas requires some application-specific "rules".

That said, we will discuss this topic specifically asap. Also, Jim is
now in CC (Hi Jim) and maybe he can weigh in on this topic?

With respect to your technical comments, please give us some time to
come back with well-formed answers. I do not want to barge ahead with
half-baked replies :-)

Viele Grüße,

Henk