[Raw] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on charter-ietf-raw-00-00: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 21 January 2020 21:01 UTC

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: raw-chairs@ietf.org, raw@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 13:01:04 -0800
Subject: [Raw] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on charter-ietf-raw-00-00: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-raw-00-00: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-raw/

COMMENT:

I think it's possible to go to external review with this charter now, but I
think it would be much better to get clear answers to the questions Alvaro
raises in his ballot before putting it out to external review. I had many of
the same questions when reading this.

In particular, one rationale for publishing informational documents as RFCs is
to ease coordination with other SDOs. In this case it's unclear whether the
documents are intended to be published as RFCs, and the charter says there will
be no coordination with SDOs, including wherever the aeronautical standards are
being developed. This seems like a bit of a contradiction to me. If RFCs are
needed for alignment and coordination, then we should coordinate. And if not,
then I wonder whether drafts will be sufficient.