Re: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-rfc7483bis-00.txt

Mario Loffredo <mario.loffredo@iit.cnr.it> Thu, 11 June 2020 15:12 UTC

To: regext@ietf.org, internet-drafts@ietf.org, i-d-announce@ietf.org
From: Mario Loffredo <mario.loffredo@iit.cnr.it>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 17:09:29 +0200
Subject: Re: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-rfc7483bis-00.txt

Hi Scott,

please find below some possible changes to RFC7483bis.

1) Section 1.2 - I would replace the following sentence:

OLD

simple data types conveyed in JSON strings

NEW

simple data types conveyed in JSON primitive types (strings, numbers,
booleans, and null)

2) Section 2.1 - I would replace the following sentence:

OLD

In other words, servers are free to not
    include JSON members containing registration data based on their own
    policies.

NEW

In other words, servers are free to not
    include unrequired/optional JSON members containing registration
data based on their own
    policies.

3) Section 3 - There are some empty lines in the text.

4) Section 4.1 - I would rewrite the following sentence using MUST or
REQUIRED:

This data structure appears only in
    the topmost JSON object of a response.

5) Section 4.4 - The following sentence  seems to be inconsistent with
the content of some figures (e.g. Fig. 15, 17, 23, ...) where a "lang"
element is included in jCard

    The "lang" attribute may appear anywhere in an object class or data
    structure except for in jCard objects.

6) Section 6 - I would uppercase the word "may" in the following sentence:

    Some non-answer responses may return entity bodies with information
    that could be more descriptive.

  In addition,  which members of an error response are required?

7) Section 10.2.3 - The definition of "last changed" event type seems to
be inconsistent with "upDate" defined in RFC 5731,5732,5733. For
example, I report an extract from RFC5731 here in the following:

    -  An OPTIONAL <domain:upDate> element that contains the date and
       time of the most recent domain-object modification.  This element
       MUST NOT be present if the domain object has never been modified.

So, should we redefine the "last changed" event accordingly? Should we
change all the examples where "last changed" date is equal to
"registration" date?

Best,

Mario

Il 08/06/2020 17:24, internet-drafts@ietf.org ha scritto:
> This draft is a work item of the Registration Protocols Extensions WG of the IETF.
>
>          Title           : JSON Responses for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)
>          Authors         : Scott Hollenbeck
>                            Andy Newton
> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-regext-rfc7483bis-00.txt
> 	Pages           : 84
> 	Date            : 2020-06-08
>
> Abstract:
>     This document describes JSON data structures representing
>     registration information maintained by Regional Internet Registries
>     (RIRs) and Domain Name Registries (DNRs).  These data structures are
>     used to form Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) query

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rfc7483bis/

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-regext-rfc7483bis-00
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-regext-rfc7483bis-00

> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Dr. Mario Loffredo
Systems and Technological Development Unit
Institute of Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
National Research Council (CNR)
via G. Moruzzi 1, I-56124 PISA, Italy
Phone: +39.0503153497
Mobile: +39.3462122240