Re: [regext] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-regext-bundling-registration-09

"Jiankang Yao" <yaojk@cnnic.cn> Fri, 15 March 2019 03:17 UTC

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 11:16:54 +0800
From: Jiankang Yao <yaojk@cnnic.cn>
To: Joel Halpern via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
Cc: gen-art@ietf.org, draft-ietf-regext-bundling-registration.all@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, regext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [regext] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-regext-bundling-registration-09

Thanks for your kind review.

> Major issues:
>     This document defines protocol extensions and mandatory procedures to go
>     with them.  As such, it seems it is either Experimental or Proposed
>     Standard, but not Informational.

This document was originally for proposed standard. After WG's discussion, the WG decides to move it as informational.

> Minor issues:
>     Section 5 consists of a list of behavioral requirements that appear
>     normative, but do not use RFC 2119 language.  If these are indeed normative
>     behavioral requirements, the document should use RFC 2119 language to be
>     clear.  (And therefore, should also include the text explaining and citing
>     RFC 2119.)

Yes, will update it.

>    The description in 7.2.1 of the EPP <create> command seems lacking.  After
>    saying that it needs an extension element, it says:
>         The <extension> element SHOULD contain a child <b-dn:create> element
>         that identifies the bundle namespace and the location of the bundle
>         name schema.
> It is unclear when it is reasonable to omit this <b-dn:create> element.  (We
> normally include with "SHOULD" explanations of this sort.) It is unspecified
> what format of the information in the <b-dn:create> element has.  I suspect
> that it is assumed to be the same as some other piece of EPP information, but
> it does not say so.  The only child element for <b-dn:create> given in the
> schema is the <b-dn:rdn> which is neither a namespace identifier nor a location
> of the bundle name schema.

Thanks. We will consider to update it.

>     Again in 7.2.2 on the EPP <delete> command, when discussing the addition to
>     the response, it is a SHOULD with no explanation of when it is okay to omit
>     it.  The same applies to the 7.2.3 EPP <renew> command, the 7.2.4 EPP
>     <transfer> command, and the 7.2.5 EPP <update> command.

Thanks. We will consider to change it to "MUST" or add some explanations.

Best Regards.

Jiankang Yao