Re: [regext] Proposed Changes to Milestones

"Jiankang Yao" <yaojk@cnnic.cn> Mon, 22 May 2017 14:59 UTC

Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 22:59:19 +0800
From: Jiankang Yao <yaojk@cnnic.cn>
To: Antoin Verschuren <ietf@antoin.nl>
Cc: Registration Protocols Extensions <regext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [regext] Proposed Changes to Milestones

Dear Antoin Verschuren,

   Some comments are inline below.

   Thanks.

发件人:"Antoin Verschuren" <ietf@antoin.nl>
发送时间:2017-05-22 18:11:41 (星期一)
收件人: "Registration Protocols Extensions" <regext@ietf.org>
抄送:
主题: Re: [regext] Proposed Changes to Milestones

>If we cannot get enough consensus on the bundling and IDN drafts because there is no clear technical solution, demand or traction yet,

For strict bundling registration, there is  clear technical solution, demand or traction , especially for those registries who sell Chinese Domain Names. The mechanisms described in draft-ietf-regext-bundling-registration have been adopted by many registries such as CNNIC, TWNIC, HKIRC and DotASIA. The proposed mechanisms have been used since 2003.

If someone tries to combine both relax bundling and strict bundling together, I agree that there are no easy solution.

But for separated documents, the strict bundling document(draft-ietf-regext-bundling-registration ) is clear and enough to be pushed forward.

>a pragmatic proposal could also be to delete them from our milestones for now,

I do not agree with it here.

I suggest to keep the  strict bundling registration document and move it forward. This document is very useful for those who plan to use  strict bundling registration.

>We’re interested on your thoughts.

Pls see above.

Thanks a lot.

Jiankang Yao

Op 19 mei 2017, om 17:01 heeft Roger D Carney <rcarney@godaddy.com> het volgende geschreven:

Good Morning,

Thanks Jim/Antoin for working through all of these documents.

I think these updates look good, except for a question on the reseller documents. As I mentioned on list back in March, I thought in Seoul we decided to review and comment but to not dedicate WG effort to these drafts?

As far as the bundling and idn drafts, I have not followed these with too much intensity so I will defer to others on these documents.

Thanks
Roger