Re: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-tmch-func-spec-00.txt

"Patrik Fältström " <paf@frobbit.se> Sat, 23 April 2016 05:54 UTC

From: Patrik Fältström <paf@frobbit.se>
To: regext@ietf.org
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 07:53:57 +0200
Subject: Re: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-tmch-func-spec-00.txt

Comments (some of this can also be fund in SSAC document SAC-060 23 July 2013):

1. It is not clear how permutations of strings are to be calculated (by whom, and how) in the case confusability risks might arise. For example by the use of language tables or other mechanisms like LGRs.

2. The term "leftmost" is a bit confusing when talking about labels in DNS. I propose using "first" as in logical order.

3. The matching algorithm is not described, who is implementing it etc.

4. There are no instructions on how to handle cases where the matching algorithm in TMCH is different from matching algorithm one "expect" ("one" as in the trademark holder).

   Patrik