Re: [regext] Internationalized Email Addresses and EPP

Taras Heichenko <tasic@academ.kiev.ua> Fri, 20 November 2020 11:13 UTC

From: Taras Heichenko <tasic@academ.kiev.ua>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 13:13:23 +0200
Cc: "Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de" <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>, "regext@ietf.org" <regext@ietf.org>
To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck=40verisign.com@dmarc.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [regext] Internationalized Email Addresses and EPP

> On 20 Nov 2020, at 11:06, Hollenbeck, Scott <shollenbeck=40verisign.com@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

I fully agree with Klaus, the proposed extension increases the protocol complexity, adds
a lot of job to the EPP software developers, and what it gives back? Less work with the
RFCs? Do you really think it is a valuable exchange? And in a new RFC, support of
non-ASCII email addresses may be optional.