[regext] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-17: (with COMMENT)

Erik Kline via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 21 September 2020 06:52 UTC

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging@ietf.org, regext-chairs@ietf.org, regext@ietf.org, Tom Harrison <tomh@apnic.net>, tomh@apnic.net
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 23:52:02 -0700
Subject: [regext] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-17: (with COMMENT)

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-17: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging/

COMMENT:

[[ comments ]]

[ section 2.3 ]

* My current understanding is that it's not possible to request a sort by
  IP address in general (i.e. without regard to IP address family).  Otherwise,
  since some IPv6 addresses (admittedly not any within the current 2000::/3
  GUA space) might be numerically less then some IPv4 addresses, I think there
  would probably need to be some text around relative ordering between IPv4 and
  IPv6 addresses regardless of numerical equivalent values.

  But again: my reading is that sort can only be by ipV4 or ipV6 (and not just
  some generalized "ip" parameter), so this shouldn't be necessary.

[[ nits ]]

[ section 2.1 ]

* s/value of sort "parameter"/value of the "sort" parameter/ perhaps?

[ section 2.4 ]

* I think the cursor value "b2Zmc2V0PTEwMCxsaW1pdD01MAo=" might decode to
  'offset=100,limit=50\n' (with a trailing newline).  The base64 encoding
  without the trailing newline might be 'b2Zmc2V0PTEwMCxsaW1pdD01MA==', but
  someone should double-check me on that.