RE: [Widex] Proposed rewording for Framework draft

"Jin Yu" <jyu@openxup.org> Mon, 19 June 2006 01:12 UTC

From: Jin Yu <jyu@openxup.org>
To: Vlad.Stirbu@nokia.com, dsr@w3.org
Subject: RE: [Widex] Proposed rewording for Framework draft
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:11:32 -0700
Cc: widex@ietf.org

>    The Widex Framework needs a mechanism by which the Widex Renderer
>    determines which events have a remote scope and therefore need to be
>    serialized and forwarded to the Widex Server.  The determination of
>    which events have a remote scope could be achieved in one of three
>    ways:
>
>    o  prior agreement between the Widex Renderer and Widex Server
>    o  a list of events passed during session establishment
>    o  the Widex Server could direct the Widex Renderer to add and remove
>       event listeners during the session

For the second bullet, I prefer "a list of messages..." rather than "a list of
events...". The word "event" is overloaded here; I don't think it refers to "UI
event", which is used predominantly in rest of the text.

Perhaps we can rephrase the last sentence as:

"Note that the Widex messages are independent of whether the Widex Server
maintains an explicit DOM for the View, that is, an in-memory XML DOM tree, as
this is an implementation dependent design choice."

Regards,

Jin