Re: [Widex] Proposed rewording for Framework draft

Rosfran Lins Borges <rosfran.borges@indt.org.br> Fri, 23 June 2006 13:54 UTC

Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:45:35 -0300
From: Rosfran Lins Borges <rosfran.borges@indt.org.br>
To: ext Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [Widex] Proposed rewording for Framework draft
Cc: Vlad.Stirbu@nokia.com, widex@ietf.org

    Maybe I'm worried too much, because I had been supposing a reader of
this draft that may possibly knows nothing about Glade XML schema and/or
GTK+ "signals and slots" event model. I hope it is more concise now:

    "Note: Some UI markup languages, e.g.  Glade [1], which are designed
only for standalone UI architectures (e.g., doesn't have a
change-propagation mechanism, defined at document level, which ensures
consistency between remotelly-located user interface and model),
originally cannot sends these UI events as a string of bits through the
network. So, when using Widex with this kind of UI event model, the
WO.Event messages MUST be able to serialize the events (e.g. GTK+
signals) emitted by its associated UI libraries, e.g. GTK+ [2]."

--
Rosfran Borges