[rfc-i] Fwd: Call for Comment: RFC Format Drafts

julian.reschke at gmx.de (Julian Reschke) Fri, 12 February 2016 16:49 UTC

From: "julian.reschke at gmx.de"
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:49:04 +0100
Subject: [rfc-i] Fwd: Call for Comment: RFC Format Drafts

On 2016-02-12 17:44, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:

>> On 2016-02-12 16:42, Heather  Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> Hello all,
>  >>
>  >> In case you missed yesterday's post to regarding the status of the
>  >> format documents, they are now out for community comment. Please
>  >> send comments of support, concern, or other feedback to the IAB
>  >> (iab at iab.org). If you have never posted to that list, it will be
>  >> temporarily held in moderation until your address can be put on
>  >> the white list.
>  >>
>  >> Discussion on specific drafts or requests for clarification can
>  >> always be sent here to rfc-interest or to the draft authors.
>  >>
>  >> Thank you for your time and interest, Heather
>  >
>  > Sending feedback to the IAB list apparently means that it will only
>  > be visible to IAB members. That seems like a very bad idea for public
>  > review.
>  >

> But it seems to be how IAB stream documents are reviewed. See the
> announcements, for example, for draft-iab-irtf-chair-descriptions and
> draft-iab-rfc5741bis. If yo think the IAB process should change, that's
> something to take up with the IAB. Maybe an open mic question at IETF 95?
>
> - -Heather

As a data point, I only learned about rfc5741bis the day before it was
supposed to be approved.

Anyway, IAB procedures are an interesting topic; and I might ask if I'm
there.

Right now I want to make sure that I can actually see *all* feedback
related to the rfc-design activity. That doesn't seem to be the case,
and that's a major process failure.

Best regards, Julian