[rfc-i] draft-hoffman-rfcexamples-04, "3. Example of a v3 Document"

tony at att.com (HANSEN, TONY L) Mon, 29 February 2016 03:55 UTC

From: "tony at att.com"
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 03:55:16 +0000
Subject: [rfc-i] draft-hoffman-rfcexamples-04, "3. Example of a v3 Document"

On 2/27/16, 5:20 PM, "rfc-interest on behalf of Julian Reschke" <rfc-interest-bounces at rfc-editor.org on behalf of julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

>On 2016-02-27 21:47, Paul Hoffman wrote:

>>> I think this shouldn't reference the RFC 2629 DTD...
>>
>> But should instead reference ... ?
>>
>> --Paul Hoffman
>

>Nothing. There is no DTD for V3.

I've looked at convertv2v3. The reference exists in the original v2 doc and is just preserved. That is, this is the entry in the v2 doc:

<!DOCTYPE rfc SYSTEM "rfc2629.dtd" [
   <!ENTITY RFC2119 SYSTEM
     "http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2119.xml">
   ]>

All of the ENTITY references are pulled out and changed to x:includes. Then the remaining DOCTYPE was then just left alone, with no special checks as to what DTD was being referenced.

I guess I can add some code to check for this special case and remove the DTD entirely if it's an rfc2629.dtd reference.

	Tony