Re: [rfc-i] Citing internet drafts

"Scott O. Bradner" <sob@sobco.com> Fri, 06 September 2019 16:22 UTC

From: "Scott O. Bradner" <sob@sobco.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 12:22:45 -0400
To: Heather Flanagan <rse@rfc-editor.org>
Subject: Re: [rfc-i] Citing internet drafts
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "rfc-interest@rfc-editor.org" <rfc-interest@rfc-editor.org>
Sender: rfc-interest <rfc-interest-bounces@rfc-editor.org>

fwiw - referring to an ID with a particular version number does not have to use the “work in progress”
language - the purpose of the “work in progress’ tag was to ensure that no one thought that the
ID the reader of an RFC found had any relationship to the ID that was current at the time of the RFC
publication

Scott