[rfc-i] Feedback solicited: Update tags draft

ekr at rtfm.com (Eric Rescorla) Fri, 28 February 2020 14:23 UTC

From: "ekr at rtfm.com"
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 06:23:38 -0800
Subject: [rfc-i] Feedback solicited: Update tags draft

At present, I am not in favor of these changes.

We already spend quite a bit of time debating which tags should apply when
compared to the (IMO marginal) value of these tags, and this seems likely
to make that worse.

The "amended" tag in particular seems like a workaround for our refusal to
simply update RFCs when they are wrong. The first rule of holes to stop
digging.

-Ekr