Re: [Rfc-markdown] [xml2rfc] [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v3.0.0

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Wed, 02 September 2020 20:36 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 08:36:28 +1200
Cc: rfc-markdown@ietf.org, XML2RFC Interest Group <xml2rfc@ietf.org>, XML Developer List <xml2rfc-dev@ietf.org>, Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
To: Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
Subject: Re: [Rfc-markdown] [xml2rfc] [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v3.0.0

>> You mention a “schema change board”, can you tell us more about the
>> coordinates of that?
>
> It's currently John Levine, Peter Saint-Andre, Robert Sparks and myself.
> It was set up in order to have some way of moving forward (or decide to
> not move forward) with various changes, whether registered as tickets,
> requested by the RPC or through the RPC by document authors, or otherwise
> brought up.

Just to provide some more context.  When we had an RSE they were responsible for helping the RPC and the developer (Henrik) triage incoming change requests and decide how those were addressed, which included: saying ’no’; changing the XML; changing the schema; and changing xml2rfc.

John’s role as Temporary RFC Series Project Manager (TRFCSPM) doesn’t include this responsibility, which left a gap that Henrik has being trying to fill while doing everything else.  Consequently, a small group has been formed to fill this gap as a temporary measure while the IAB process to determine the future role of an RSE progresses.  That group is made up of Henrik as the developer, John as the TRFCSPM, Robert as the Tools Team PM and Peter as an RSOC rep.

’Schema Change Board’ is a label I’ve not heard before for this small group and sounds more established and authoritative than this group is meant to be.

cheers
Jay