Re: [Rfced-future] Consensus check: Issue 22 – new stream for RFC Editor

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Wed, 23 June 2021 08:49 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 20:49:42 +1200
Cc: Eliot Lear <lear@lear.ch>, rfced-future@iab.org
To: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Subject: Re: [Rfced-future] Consensus check: Issue 22 – new stream for RFC Editor

> On 23/06/2021, at 8:18 PM, Joel M. Halpern <jmh@joelhalpern.com> wrote:
>
> From my perspective, you are correct that it is a bit of a misalignment.  But...   A committee is not a stream manager.  And giving any of the members of the RSAB a second stream confuses the streams identity.

It’s not a “content” stream though - it’s a “meta” stream that all the other streams have a strong stake in, which gives it a distinct identity.

>  Thus, we bend / stretch the RSEA role a bit?

But what does that mean in practice given that all the decisions about this stream are made by the RSWG? If I may introduce a useful English expression into IETF discourse, it’s as much use to the RSEA as a chocolate teapot.

Jay

(sent from my phone)

--
Jay Daley