[rgchairs] Long BoFs (was Re: 63rd IETF Agenda - DRAFT)

Rohan Mahy <rohan@ekabal.com> Wed, 20 July 2005 17:00 UTC

From: Rohan Mahy <rohan@ekabal.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:00:24 -0700
To: Working Group Chairs <wgchairs@ietf.org>
Cc: rgchairs@irtf.org, bofchairs@ietf.org, IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat-reply@ietf.org>
Subject: [rgchairs] Long BoFs (was Re: 63rd IETF Agenda - DRAFT)
Sender: rgchairs-bounces@lists.ietf.org

Folks,

I understand that voipeer was approved and the ADs agreed on 2.5 hours.
  My personal impression is that if a BoF requires more than 1 hour,
either the scope is too large or there has not been enough mailing list
or ad-hoc discussion yet.

I think the scheduling problem would be easier if we restrict BoFs to 1
hour in the future.  Active WGs should take precedence and this is one
way to do that.

Thanks again Marcia for making the best of an impossible situation.

thanks,
-rohan