[rgchairs] RE: 63rd IETF Agenda - DRAFT

"David B Harrington" <dbharrington@comcast.net> Wed, 13 July 2005 17:16 UTC

From: "David B Harrington" <dbharrington@comcast.net>
To: "'Thierry Ernst'" <ernst@sfc.wide.ad.jp>, "'Brian E Carpenter'" <brc@zurich.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:16:32 -0400
Cc: wgchairs@ietf.org, rgchairs@irtf.org, bofchairs@ietf.org, agenda@ietf.org
Subject: [rgchairs] RE: 63rd IETF Agenda - DRAFT
Sender: rgchairs-bounces@lists.ietf.org

Hi,

I'm of the impression that changing your RETURN flight generally
doesn't affect the cost, only the initial leg changes flight costs.
That may depend on airlines and other factors of course, but it seems
to me that the people you want to attend the BOF should be able to
,modify their plans without a great deal of financial burden.

That said, I agree with Jeff's post on this topic about this
three-times-a-year discussion.

I suggest you think of this differently - if the people you would like
to have attend the BOF want to have a voice in the process, then they
should arrange their time to be present to be heard; the whole IETF
should not be expected to work around them to ensure their specific
voices are heard.

David Harrington
dbharrington@comcast.net

BOF