Subject: [rmcat] Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc-06.txt> (Coupled congestion control for RTP media) to Experimental RFC
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 09:16:14 -0700
List-Id: "RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques \(RMCAT\) Working Group discussion list." <rmcat.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance
Techniques WG (rmcat) to consider the following document: - 'Coupled
congestion control for RTP media'
  <draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc-06.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When multiple congestion controlled RTP sessions traverse the same
   network bottleneck, combining their controls can improve the total
   on-the-wire behavior in terms of delay, loss and fairness.  This
   document describes such a method for flows that have the same sender,
   in a way that is as flexible and simple as possible while minimizing
   the amount of changes needed to existing RTP applications.  It
   specifies how to apply the method for the NADA congestion control
   algorithm, and provides suggestions on how to apply it to other
   congestion control algorithms.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.