hostTopNDuration has DEFVAL !!?

Robin Iddon <robini@spider.co.uk> Thu, 12 December 1991 12:28 UTC

From: Robin Iddon <robini@spider.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1991 13:59:47 +0000
To: rmonmib@lexcel.com
Subject: hostTopNDuration has DEFVAL !!?

Hi,

In re-reading the hostTopN group from RFC1271 I noticed the following oddity:

[From RFC1271]
          hostTopNDuration OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX INTEGER
              ACCESS read-only
              STATUS mandatory
              DESCRIPTION
                  "The number of seconds that this report has collected
                  during the last sampling interval, or if this
                  report is currently being collected, the number
                  of seconds that this report is being collected
                  during this sampling interval.

                  When the associated hostTopNTimeRemaining object is
                  set, this object shall be set by the probe to the
                  same value and shall not be modified until the next
                  time the hostTopNTimeRemaining is set.

                  This value shall be zero if no reports have been
                  requested for this hostTopNControlEntry."
              DEFVAL { 0 }
              ::= { hostTopNControlEntry 5 }
[End]

The DESCRIPTION says that this object should be zero until the associated
hostTopNRemaining object is set and the object is read-only.

My question is: Should it have a DEFVAL?

Robin