Re: [Rmt] About Flute-revised open points

Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> Thu, 31 March 2011 14:59 UTC

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:01:31 +0200
From: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
To: rmt@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Rmt] About Flute-revised open points

Hi,

I think this is a good example of what I expect in this discussion. I
think that a number of the changes has good reasons to their changes and
that we are not likely to reverse the WG documents text. For the record
I don't really remember the reasons for the designs in this schema and
what the underlying 3GPP reasons are.

I have no rapid need for an updated flute so I am willing to let this
discussion go on for a while. Especially letting people try to dig up
any more motivations. But the fact is that the WG spent 5+ years in
producing this document. There are reasons why it looks like it does.
Reversing that decision at the last minute seems dangerous and likely to
cause more issues than actually bumping the version number.

Cheers

Magnus