Re: [Rmt] Posting of IPR Disclosure related to QUALCOMM Incorporated's Statement about IPR related to RFC 5170

Vincent Roca <vincent.roca@inrialpes.fr> Sun, 08 November 2009 10:54 UTC

Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 11:54:28 +0100
From: Vincent Roca <vincent.roca@inrialpes.fr>
To: "Luby, Michael" <luby@qualcomm.com>
Cc: "rmt@ietf.org" <rmt@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Rmt] Posting of IPR Disclosure related to QUALCOMM Incorporated's Statement about IPR related to RFC 5170

Okay Mike. The various dates show that RFC 3453 is clearly anterior (several
years) to the filling dates of both U.S. Patent Application 20080034273 and
U.S. Patent 7,418,651. Since you did not bring any new elements to the
discussion
and did not question anything, we can conclude it's indeed prior art
(even if you
did not write it explicitly).

Given that:
1- the one and only motivation for the "10 additional patents" of IPR
disclosure
#1184 (WRT IPR disclosure #637) is the "multiple symbols per packet in
orderl
to improve the decoding efficiency of certain FEC codes with small objects"
technique (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rmt/current/msg01358.html),
2- there is prior art (i.e. RFC 3453) for this technique,
do you/QC intend to update IPR disclosure #1184 and remove the "10
additional
patents"?

Regards,

Vincent