Re: [Rmt] FLUTE v2

<Rod.Walsh@nokia.com> Tue, 07 June 2011 06:45 UTC

From: Rod.Walsh@nokia.com
To: luby@qualcomm.com, rmt@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 08:45:25 +0200
user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101207 Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.7
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [Rmt] FLUTE v2

Hi Mike et al.

Yes v2. Sensible proposal, let's do that.

Now would be a good time to catalogue all (if any) remaining questions RMTers feel are still open, with a view to a June/July WGLC.

There are a few open questions (on the RMT list) still hanging, but my own understanding is that even the changes I do not understand the reasoning for don't actually harm any implementation. So personally, I will not be resurrecting any prior threads.

Likewise, those active in other SDOs that may be impacted by a standards track FLUTE would do us all a great favour by drawing attention to the imminent WGLC also in the WGs of those SDO and so offer a little extra time (just before the vacation season) for cross-SDO contentment and harmony. Please post to the RMT mail list activity on this as it occurs so that we don't inadvertently send redundant messages (and so that we can assume that an SDO is not yet in the loop where no RMT list email mentions it).

Cheers, Rod.