Re: [Roll] home-building-requirements section 7.1

peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl> Mon, 24 November 2014 07:17 UTC

Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:17:47 +0100
From: peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl>
To: Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>
Cc: roll@ietf.org, mcr@sandelman.ca, Anders Brandt <abr@sdesigns.dk>
Subject: Re: [Roll] home-building-requirements section 7.1

HI Michael,

thanks for the encouragement.
Concerning bootstrap and security in general. Many things are going on
and there are two approaches to this document:
1) a conservative one; restrict to what exists and is is proven to work
2) leaving the doubt that exists today.

For the moment I like to leave the doubt, because in 5 years, what is
sure today will not be implemented is my conviction

Concerning switching on/off:
That is SDO stuff; KNX , BACnet , etc... are preparing additional
standards.

What are enrollment tools?

Peter