Re: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-11.txt

Mukul Goyal <mukul@uwm.edu> Sun, 06 May 2012 17:27 UTC

Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 12:27:35 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mukul Goyal <mukul@uwm.edu>
To: roll <roll@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-11.txt

Based on the discussion with Federico and suggestion by Adrian, this version has the following changes:

1) Section 9.2 (Trickle Operation For P2P Mode DIOs) has more text on how to set Imin and the redundancy constant. The text now points out that Imin setting has an impact on the lifetime of the temporary DAG and redundancy constant value 1 may not be suitable in deployments where specific destinations are reachable only through specific intermediate routers.

2) Section 6.1 (Setting a P2P Mode DIO) has little more text regarding the rationale behind settings in the default configuration option. I guess trickle parameter settings needed explanation and I just referred the reader to Section 9.2. But, I also added some text for other parameters (e.g. lifetime parameters) to make the intention clear.

3) There was already some discussion in Section 7.1 (P2P Route Discovery Option) regarding how to set the lifetime of the temporary DAG. I added one sentence that made it clear that the lifetime of the temporary DAG has a dependence on the Trickle parameters (Imin and redundancy constant). This sentence is actually a repetition of what is already mentioned in Section 9.2.

Thanks
Mukul