Re: [Roll] Revisiting the Trickle Algorithm

peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl> Tue, 20 January 2015 15:06 UTC

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:06:18 +0100
From: peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl>
To: Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks <roll@ietf.org>
Cc: badis DJAMAA <badis.djamaa@ieee.org>, JeongGil Ko <jgko@cs.jhu.edu>, "Thomas Heide Clausen (work)" <T.Clausen@computer.org>, Jonathan Hui <jonhui@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Roll] Revisiting the Trickle Algorithm

Dear all,

I like to draw you attention to the following articles.
In these articles calculations are done on the optimal MPL interval
division with the aid of queuing networks.

In the masters thesis "Modeling and Simulating the Trickle algorithm"
(http://alexandria.tue.nl/extra1/afstversl/wsk-i/meyfroyt2013.pdf ) by
T.M.M. Meyfroyt (August 2013) propagation delay and message overhead for
Trickle and "Short-Trickle" are compared by simulations and analysis in
single-hop and multi-hop networks.

The paper "Data Dissemination Performance in Large-Scale Sensor
Networks" (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2591981 ) by T.M.M.
Meyfroyt, S.C. Borst, O.J. Boxma, D. Denteneer (June 2014), analyzes the
message overhead of the original Trickle algorithm compared to the
"Short-Trickle algorithm". An extended journal version of this paper has
been submitted to QUESTA (and has been attached in this email).

In the paper "A Data Propagation Model for Wireless Gossiping"
(http://arxiv.org/abs/1407.6396)  by T.M.M. Meyfroyt, S.C. Borst, O.J.
Boxma, D. Denteneer (Juli 2014), an extension to the Trickle algorithm
is proposed, similar to the "New Trickle algorithm" and its performance
is analyzed and compared to that of the original Trickle algorithm. This
paper has recently been accepted in Performance Evaluation
(http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166531615000024).

Hope this is useful.

Greetings,

peter