[Roll] Suggestions on the naming of the projected routes Re: Comments on draft-ietf-roll-dao-projection-09

"Liubing (Remy)" <remy.liubing@huawei.com> Tue, 07 January 2020 03:39 UTC

From: "Liubing (Remy)" <remy.liubing@huawei.com>
To: Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks <roll@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 03:39:42 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.130.180.83]
Subject: [Roll] Suggestions on the naming of the projected routes Re: Comments on draft-ietf-roll-dao-projection-09

Hello Roll,

In the previous discussion with Pascal, we have the following question better to discuss separately.

> > 2. The titles of the subsections in section 6 are misleading. When I
> > looked at the title "Non-storing/Storing mode projected route", I
> > misunderstood them into "Route projection in non-storing/storing
> > mode". Actually, until I reached at the appendix, I realized that they
> > means the projected route itself is source-routed or hop-by-hop (no
> > matter strict or loose).  Do you think it is necessary to add some clarification
> or to change the titles?

[Pascal] Yes, that makes sense to me. Would you have a suggestion? Could you make
> that a separate thread to attract a better attention from the group?

[Remy ]My suggestion would be, change "non-storing" to "source-routed" and "storing" to "hop-by-hop", to distinguish from the non-storing/storing mode of RPL.

Here "source-routed" means more than one Via addresses in the Route Projection Options, and "hop-by-hop" means exactly one Via address.

Any suggestion from Pascal and others?

Best regards,
Remy