[Roll] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-10: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 20 April 2021 22:03 UTC

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl@ietf.org, roll-chairs@ietf.org, roll@ietf.org, Ines Robles <mariainesrobles@googlemail.com>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, mariainesrobles@googlemail.com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 15:03:48 -0700
Subject: [Roll] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-10: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-10: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl/

COMMENT:

Firstly, thank you for writing this - I'm really not a ROLL person, but I found
it interesting...

I support John and Rob's DISCUSSes, but I'll let them carry the heavy load :-)

I have a few nits:
Section 4.3:
'r
      A one-bit reserved field.  This field MUST be initialized to zero
      by the sender and MUST be ignored by the receiver.'
I could find no 'r'  in Figure 3  - did you mean 'X'?

Section 6.2.1, Step 1:
'If the S bit in the received RREQ-DIO is set to 0, the router MUST determine
into the upward direction (towards the OrigNode) of the link.' I was unable to
parse this. More worryingly, I was also not able to figure out what it should
say...

Section 6.3.1:
'default to 1/4 of the time duration determined by the L bit.' - s/L bit/L
value'. This says that the default of 1/4 of the time duration, but I didn't
see where /why the default would change. Also, isn't 'time' in 'time duration'
unnecessary? Duration implies time.

Appendix A:
'The combination of Received Signal Strength Indication(downstream)  (RSSI) and
Expected Number of Transmissions(upstream)" (ETX) ' -- this is a random closing
quote without an opening one.