Re: [Roll] [roll] #166 (applicability-home-building): Manageability

peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl> Thu, 13 November 2014 20:59 UTC

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 21:58:54 +0100
From: peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl>
To: roll@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building@tools.ietf.org, yvonneanne.pignolet@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #166 (applicability-home-building): Manageability

HI Yvonne,

we propose the following text for section 6.
At this moment it is not clear how homenets will be managed.
Consequently it is not clear which tools will be used and which
parameters must be exposed for management.
In building control, management is mandatory. It is expected that
installations will be managed using the set of currently available tools
(including IETF tools like MIBS, NETCONF modules, DHCP and others) with
large differences between the ways an installation is managed.

Greetings,

Peter