Re: [Roll] Updates of AODV-RPL since IETF101

Rahul Arvind Jadhav <rahul.jadhav@huawei.com> Wed, 25 April 2018 00:28 UTC

From: Rahul Arvind Jadhav <rahul.jadhav@huawei.com>
To: Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks <roll@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 00:28:22 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.18.157.44]
Subject: Re: [Roll] Updates of AODV-RPL since IETF101

Thanks Remy,

Thus I assume T bit will be removed?

Another Question: Section 6.3.3. last para talks about handling paired instanceID collision on TargNode. The details are insufficient regarding how to handle "shifting of instanceID".  RREP option has SHIFT field to indicate the shifting, but when it reaches OrigNode and if the resulting shifted instanceID is already in use by OrigNode then how should the handling be? How to clean-up the states established on 6LRs because of previous RREQ-DIO instance? Will shifting result in another round of RREQ-DIO, RREP-DIO ?
IMO, this warrants a separate section.

Regards,
Rahul