Re: [Roll] [roll] #105: trickle-mcast: how to determine scope of MPL domain

Yoshihiro Ohba <yoshihiro.ohba@toshiba.co.jp> Sat, 03 November 2012 02:09 UTC

Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 11:08:43 +0900
From: Yoshihiro Ohba <yoshihiro.ohba@toshiba.co.jp>
To: Dario Tedeschi <dat@exegin.com>
Cc: "roll@ietf.org WG" <roll@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast@tools.ietf.org>, "mcr@sandelman.ca" <mcr@sandelman.ca>, "Jonathan Hui (johui)" <johui@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #105: trickle-mcast: how to determine scope of MPL domain

I don't see much benefit of dynamically allocating an MPL domain address
and advertising it via a routing protocol, as each node can be
pre-configured to a member of an MPL domain.

Isn't it simpler if we can register a fixed MPL domain address with IANA
(for each multicast scope that uses MPL)?

Yoshihiro Ohba