Re: [Roll] Fwd: Re: [roll] #167 (admin-local-policy): Not match the requirement for administrative configuration of the admin-local scope

Robert Cragie <robert.cragie@gridmerge.com> Wed, 07 January 2015 12:00 UTC

Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:00:26 +0000
From: Robert Cragie <robert.cragie@gridmerge.com>
To: adrian@olddog.co.uk, Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks <roll@ietf.org>, "'Joel M. Halpern'" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>, consultancy@vanderstok.org
Subject: Re: [Roll] Fwd: Re: [roll] #167 (admin-local-policy): Not match the requirement for administrative configuration of the admin-local scope

I agree with Adrian's assessment. "Administratively configured" is
loosely defined and it is not a black and white case. With regard to the
draft, the configuration (i.e. presence/absence) of MPL interfaces in
the node implies the scope and thus can be considered "administratively
configured" in that it is not automatically derived but implies by a
manual configuration. I agree it does need some clarifying text though.

Robert