Re: [Roll] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building-12: (with COMMENT)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Tue, 28 July 2015 09:50 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:50:34 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: robert.cragie@gridmerge.com
Cc: roll-chairs@ietf.org, "roll@ietf.org WG" <roll@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building.ad@ietf.org, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building.shepherd@ietf.org, Yvonne-Anne Pignolet <yvonneanne.pignolet@gmail.com>, draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Roll] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building-12: (with COMMENT)

Hiya,

On 28/07/15 09:18, Robert Cragie wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Please see inline for specific responses.
>
> Regarding the old comments: We have tried to respond to these issues in
> previous follow up e-mails and modify the document in accordance with the
> Otherwise I can't see how we can make any progress on this.

Sorry, we're talking past one another. The old comments are present in
the tracker and get attached to the email unless I go through them and
delete them manually. And since they are not blocking I don't spend
much time tracking if they have/haven't been addressed. And mostly I
forget once sufficient time has elapsed;-) In other words, it's up to
you and your AD if you want to consider them or not, I don't mind.

So you can make progress on this in various ways. One is to just ignore
the comments. Another is to say "yeah, we know it's not blocking but
we'd actually like to chat about <this> comment." Your chairs/AD may
have more ideas.

But the main thing is that a "No Objection" ballot is just that, I
don't object to this moving ahead.

So I'd say if there are any of the comments where you think it is
interesting to continue to chat, please just mail me about that but
there is no need to address each one in blow-by-blow fashion. If
you and your AD think there's no need for more chat, then we're done
already.

Hope that helps,
S.