[Roll] Hosts part of the RPL instance? Re: definition of "RPL Domain"

Mukul Goyal <mukul@uwm.edu> Wed, 16 November 2011 18:38 UTC

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:38:15 -0600
From: Mukul Goyal <mukul@uwm.edu>
To: Don Sturek <d.sturek@att.net>
Cc: roll@ietf.org
Subject: [Roll] Hosts part of the RPL instance? Re: definition of "RPL Domain"

I guess the desired behavior would be:

A host sends out a message to its RPL router. The router adds RPL SRH or RPL option to the IPv6 header and forwards the message further. No need for IP-in-IP tunneling. Any error message comes back to the router and the router handles the message. The host just sends and receives messages.

Thanks
Mukul