Re: Design Team on Overlay OAM in Routing is Chartered

Thomas Morin <thomas.morin@orange.com> Fri, 18 December 2015 08:49 UTC

Subject: Re: Design Team on Overlay OAM in Routing is Chartered
To: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>, "routing-discussion@ietf.org" <routing-discussion@ietf.org>
From: Thomas Morin <thomas.morin@orange.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 09:49:34 +0100
Cc: Brian Haberman <brian@innovationslab.net>, "rtg-chairs@ietf.org" <rtg-chairs@ietf.org>, joel jaeggli <joelja@bogus.com>, "rtg-ads@tools.ietf.org" <rtg-ads@tools.ietf.org>, Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>, "rtgwg@ietf.org" <rtgwg@ietf.org>

Hi everyone,

2015-12-18, Loa Andersson:
> Let me know if there is any support I can give from the bottom of my
> mpls well.

This comment is a good opportunity to highlight the fact that MPLS/GRE
and MPLS/UDP are part of various service layer tunnels used for overlays.

I will go as far as to suggest that these encaps should be explicitely
called out in the DT charter (more than through "other technologies").

Best,

-Thomas