Re: Status of New RFC for IP Routers

Frank Kastenholz <kasten@ftp.com> Mon, 18 July 1994 21:07 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 16:12:18 -0400
To: esker@oas2-tic.safb.af.mil
Subject: Re: Status of New RFC for IP Routers
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Frank Kastenholz <kasten@ftp.com>
Cc: rreq@rice.edu

 > I am currently working a MIL-STD Profile for Relaying IP - is there any
 > indication as to when the new IP Router requirements will be released?
 >
 > Currently RFC 1009 will be called out in the MIL-STD as a Base Standard.  I
 > would like to use the new IP router requirements here since things have
 > changed considerably since the release of RFC 1009 (or you would think so
 > anyway, since the new IP Router requirements document is 233 pages opposed to
 > the 54 pages of RFC 1009).
 >
 > Any response would be greatly appreciated.

1009 is so far out of date that it is not even funny any more. To
specify 1009 is marginally better than requiring NCP.

The new draft is not being published as a standard. It too is out of
date (though not as much as 1009). Specifying the new document would
be akin to specifying the rfc1171/2 version of ppp.

--
Frank Kastenholz