Re: [rrg] A Revised critique for LISP

"Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com> Thu, 18 February 2010 23:01 UTC

From: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>
To: Noel Chiappa <jnc@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "rrg@irtf.org" <rrg@irtf.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:03:18 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [rrg] A Revised critique for LISP

Noel,

The LISP EID is an IP address. IP addresses are assigned
to interfaces, and an end system may have many of those.

A true Endpoint Identifier (e.g., the HIP HIT) identifies
the end system itself and not one of the end system's
interfaces. Therefore, IMHO the LISP EID is really an
Endpoint Interface Identifier.

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com