Re: [rsvp-dir] RSVP directorate formed

"James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com> Mon, 10 May 2010 18:23 UTC

Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 13:16:38 -0500
To: Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@nokia.com>
From: "James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com>
Cc: gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk, rsvp-dir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rsvp-dir] RSVP directorate formed

Lars

AS a follow-on to the public reply...

{I reduced the To: and cc: lists}

What do we do about the TSVWG charter saying RSVP is only to do minor
extensions and maintenance, when at least one individual ID that
wants to become a TSV WG item is considered by some to be more than
minor (MULTI_TSPEC that creates a new Object)?

I know the ADs can approve anything to become a WG item (within
reason), including this ID - but one of the things this process
highlighted (at least to me) is that IntServ is nowhere in the TSVWG
charter, and this particular ID is an extension to IntServ.

Do we chairs propose new charter text that addresses just this small
omission, or do we chairs propose more of what this directorate is
about (i.e., what they are to help with)?

James