[rtcweb] draft-ibc-rtcweb-sip-websocket -- WebSocket Transport for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

José Luis Millán <jmillan@aliax.net> Tue, 13 September 2011 20:48 UTC

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 22:50:54 +0200
From: José Luis Millán <jmillan@aliax.net>
To: rtcweb@ietf.org, Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com
Subject: [rtcweb] draft-ibc-rtcweb-sip-websocket -- WebSocket Transport for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:25 PM,  <Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com> wrote:
> Hi Inaki,
>
> Fully agree about everything you say below.

Hi,

Sorry if this mail arrives out of the original mail thread.

> It would be interesting to understand the performance differences of the
native vs. Javascript SIP stack, if there is anything we should be worried
about. This is my only concern when (perhaps one day) applying RTCWeb in
devices like smartphones. If the JS stack works in (any of) today's high end
smartphones without problems, we should be fine.

The are no meaningful performance penalties at all using the JavaScript SIP
stack in our prototype. In fact, multiple SIP stack instances can run in a
single Web browser freshly.  BTW, is there any WebSocket capable web browser
for smartphones?

> Markus

SIP