[rtcweb] API draft: draft-kaplan-rtcweb-api-reqs-00

Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com> Fri, 21 October 2011 09:39 UTC

From: Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>
To: "<rtcweb@ietf.org>" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:39:16 +0000
x-originating-ip: [216.41.24.34]
Subject: [rtcweb] API draft: draft-kaplan-rtcweb-api-reqs-00

Howdy,
we've posted an initial strawman for "API requirements" for "no signaling" as our chairs have asked for for the con call.
I'm still not sure why we need to provide this in an I-D, but given only a few days notice and having other day jobs, we've tried our best in the short timeframe.

Note: given the announced conf call for Friday (today?), I've submitted this version without getting final proof-reading from the other authors.  So some new bits I wrote they may not agree with... in fact some bits I wrote *I* may not agree with, given how late it is at night for me (well I guess early in the morning technically).  Caveat emptor. :)

Link details below.

	Title           : API Requirements for RTCWEB-enabled Browsers
	Author(s)       : Hadriel Kaplan
                         Dan Burnett
                         Neil Stratford
                         Tim Panton
	Filename        : draft-kaplan-rtcweb-api-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-10-21

  This document discusses the advantages and disadvantages of several
  proposed approaches to what type of API and architectural model
  RTCWeb Browsers should expose and use.  The document then defines
  the requirements for an API that treats the Browser as a library and
  interface as opposed to a self-contained application agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kaplan-rtcweb-api-reqs-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kaplan-rtcweb-api-reqs-00.txt