Re: [rtcweb] Proposed text for remote recording use case

"Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com> Tue, 23 August 2011 07:50 UTC

From: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: Jim McEachern <jim.mceachern@genband.com>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:51:08 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Proposed text for remote recording use case

Jim,

Good point. Unfortunately the nature of  tones/announcements will vary considerably between jurisdictions, so the JS would either need to provide an explicit description of what is to be inserted, or would need to provide a source. In many cases nothing at all would be needed. Often it is the case that all callers into a contact centre are played an initial announcement that calls may be recorded, before being forwarded to the agent. So if an RTC-Web-based agent is acting as the recording client for remote recording, it perhaps won't need to provide any tone/announcement.

John