Re: [rtcweb] My Opinion: Why I think a negotiating protocol is a Good Thing

Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> Tue, 18 October 2011 12:34 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:34:49 +0200
From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
To: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] My Opinion: Why I think a negotiating protocol is a Good Thing

If "negotiation protocol" means something that resembles ROAP (i.e. more
or less a wrapper on SDP o/a that enables negotiation of
session/streams), then I agree. I really like that the application does
not need to bother, all knowledge of state, codecs, RTP, .... can be
limited to the browser as long as the app passes the blobs on.