Re: [rtcweb] Codec Draft

"Bran, Cary" <Cary.Bran@plantronics.com> Fri, 04 November 2011 17:07 UTC

From: "Bran, Cary" <Cary.Bran@plantronics.com>
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>, Xavier Marjou <xavier.marjou@orange.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 17:07:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.63.1.18]
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Codec Draft

Iñaki,

I agree with you with regards to WebRTC needs to embrace a web paradigm and I am a little confused how the latest version of our document implies a telco paradigm.

The 01 version can be found here:  http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-cbran-rtcweb-codec-01.txt

Currently the documents lists two video codec candidates (VP8/H.264) , and three audio codec candidates, PCMA/PCMU, Telephone Event and Opus.

If you have anything codecs to add that would be considered more web centric, please let us know and we can add it to the open issues list.

Cheers,

-Cary