Re: [rtcweb] Proposed text - remote recording use case

"Ravindran Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Sun, 11 September 2011 20:27 UTC

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 01:59:13 +0530
From: Ravindran Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com>, rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Proposed text - remote recording use case

John,

Please let me know whether the updated text works for you:

New requirements:
Fyy1: The browser MUST be able to send in real-time to an another
browser/session recording server(SRS) that are being transmitted to and
received from remote browser.

Ayy1: The web application MUST be able to ask the browser to transmit in
real-time to another browser/session recording server(SRS) that are
being transmitted to and received from remote browser.

Basically I changed "a third party media" to "an another browser/session
recording server (SRS)" because SRS is not required to be third party.
Also, there is a discussion wherein the actual participant is not known
to the browser, so I prefer "browser" rather than "participants".

As I asked in the meeting (but couldn't discuss due to time constraint),
it is possible for browser to do the signaling directly to the SRS
without going through original webserver. The signaling towards
recording is not required to be SIP but it shall be websocket (let
discuss separately). Here, the advantageous in this model is that the
recording signaling hop is reduced to 1 hop (browser to SRS)  from 2
hops (browser to webserver, webserver to SRS).

Thanks
Partha

Behalf