Re: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-13.txt

"Makaraju, Maridi Raju (Raju)" <Raju.Makaraju@alcatel-lucent.com> Sun, 30 November 2014 19:44 UTC

From: "Makaraju, Maridi Raju (Raju)" <Raju.Makaraju@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:44:01 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.5.27.16]
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-13.txt

>A WebRTC browser (also called a WebRTC User Agent or WebRTC UA) is      >something that conforms to both the protocol specification and the
>Javascript API defined above.

Thanks for adding updates to the terminology, which now captures most
of it.
I have a comment on the above text in 2.2.

This seem to focus more on WebRTC **browser**. But, there are hybrid
environments, such as Apache Cordova, which are not browsers but can
conform to protocol specification and Javascript API just like a
browser (as most of the times they share same source code as a browser). Android KitKat provided WebView component, that supports WebRTC APIs+Javascript, is one example which is close to native than hybrid environment. To include these use cases, I suggest changing the above text to:

"A WebRTC User Agent or WebRTC UA is something that conforms to both the protocol specification and the Javascript API defined above. WebRTC browser is one such WebRTC UA. However, other non-browser implementations may conform to WebRTC UA as well."

BR
Raju