Re: [rtcweb] RTP Usage: Is RTP Retransmission REQUIRED or RECOMMENDED

"Roy, Radhika R CIV (US)" <radhika.r.roy.civ@mail.mil> Thu, 28 June 2012 10:30 UTC

From: "Roy, Radhika R CIV (US)" <radhika.r.roy.civ@mail.mil>
To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:30:09 +0000
x-originating-ip: [131.64.77.14]
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] RTP Usage: Is RTP Retransmission REQUIRED or RECOMMENDED

Hi, Magnus:

The audio/video performances for both point-to-point and multipoint conferencing must be very carefully articulated, not just what your colleagues did or did not do. All networking parameters have been discussed in list email including lip-synchronization.

So, let us see all the details of networking conditions in the published papers. We can then examine what is this all about.

The only thing that I am pointing out that these types of simplistic emails are not good enough to convincing the technical communities unless all the technical details are presented with precise measurements. Both subjective and quantitative performance parameters are involved along the many subjects who remain in the test environments.

If anyone thinks that RTP retransmissions is a great tool, it is OK. Let them keep is private as many usages of RTP retransmissions were also discussed via emails.

BR/Radhika