Re: [rtcweb] Where to specify ICE usage and the common transport

Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com> Wed, 04 July 2012 16:44 UTC

From: Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>
To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>, rtcweb@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 09:44:19 -0700
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Where to specify ICE usage and the common transport

Reading the message below, it is not clear to me whether the items described fit into a single document.

I could see a document relating to ICE in the WebRTC context.  This would include material on liveness, consent, STUN/TURN/TURN-TCP, and HTTP fallback.  I would also like to see it cover a bit about flag usage, and perhaps an analysis of some of the ICE security issues that Eric brought up at the Interim.

Overall, the document should retain compatibility with RFC 5245 as much as possible, not defining new (and non-backward compatible) functionality.

If the material about data transport is unrelated to ICE, then it might better belong in the data channel document.

Similarly with respect to API, signaling or configuration material.