[rtcweb] Steve's choices (Re: Straw Poll on Video Codec Alternatives)

Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> Mon, 16 December 2013 23:26 UTC

Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 00:26:19 +0100
From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
To: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: [rtcweb] Steve's choices (Re: Straw Poll on Video Codec Alternatives)

On 12/16/2013 10:20 PM, Steve McFarlin wrote:
> I am sorry. I was not sure if I should weight my Acceptable answers or
> not. Basically Yes = 1.0 and No = 0. Higher weight is 'better'. I
> should probably just have included my objections and not added any
> extra info as this seems to have added noise to the process. My
> apologies. Chairs please disregard my weights.

I actually liked the weights. They give ranking information, which is
important. I think I'll add some to my reply to the poll (in preparation).

What I don't like is having followups to poll answers without changing
the subject - this makes the actual poll answers harder to find.

Sorry to be a PITA about this.