Re: [rtcweb] Media forking solution for SIP interoperability (without a media gateway)

Ravindran Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Mon, 31 October 2011 12:21 UTC

From: Ravindran Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:21:08 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.70.54.32]
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Media forking solution for SIP interoperability (without a media gateway)

Harald,

As per F11 & F12 of draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements-06 ,

   "F11             The browser MUST be able to transmit streams to
                   several peers concurrently.

   F12             The browser MUST be able to receive streams from
                   multiple peers concurrently."

The above browser requirement makes me to guess that it is possible to support SIP parallel forking sort of services in case proper JS APIs are provided (May be current form of peerconnection does not). Please let me know your opinion on this.

Thanks
Partha